2 tbsp oil
1 brown onion, peeled and diced
3 celery sticks, chopped
2 large beetroot, peeled and chopped (wear gloves to prevent staining)
2 red apples, cored and chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp fresh grated tumeric root
6 cups of vegetable stock (made with vaxtkraft parsley stock concentrate)
natural yoghurt and mint leaves to garnish
1. In a large pot, heat oil and add onion and celery.
2. add cumin and cinnamon and stir for a minute to roast spices.
3. add tumeric, beetroot and apple.
4. add stock and simmer for approx 40 mins until beetroot is tender.
5. use a stick blender to whiz until smooth.
6. reheat and serve with a dollop of yoghurt and fresh mint leaves.